Tunisia entry restrictions
(Updated on 11/01/2021 at 09:45 Tunisia time)
According to the latest decisions on the unification of entry conditions for all passengers arriving in Tunisia, it was decided to apply the following measures.
1. General Measures
. The Health Declaration Form and the commitment
All passengers bound for Tunisia shall:
- Complete the Health Declaration Form available at: https://app.e7mi.tn
- Sign and print the two document (the health form and the commitment), generated by the application, before the date of the flight.
- Present the two documents (the health form and the commitment) at check-in before boarding for Tunisia.
- Submit the both documents (the health form and the commitment) to the health control services upon arrival to the Tunisian airports.
Passengers who did not present these documents will not be able to board.
. 14 days mandatory self-containment
All passengers arriving in Tunisia shall spend a self-containment period of 14 days from the date of arrival either at the place of residence or at a hotel at their expense. (View the list of accredited hotels)
If the passenger does not have a place of residence in Tunisia or at his/her preference, and this is at his/her expense, shall present at check-in at the airport of departure the supporting documents of the place of residence in Tunisia or the confirmation of booking and payment of hotel (Voucher).
If the passenger wishes not to complete the full 14-day period of self-containment, he/her must spend at least 7 days in self-containment and then perform a COVID-19 (RT-PCR) test, at his/her expense after his/her 7th day of self-containment.
If the result of the test is negative, it will be allowed to lift the quarantine.
. A negative test certificate of COVID-19 (RT-PCR)
All passengers shall submit a negative COVID-19 (RT-PCR) test certificate with a result date not exceeding 72 hours at the time of flight check-in. Children under 12 years of age are exempt from the RT-PCR test.
The test certificate must be submitted by the passenger to the health services upon arrival to the Tunisian airports.
- Any person who has not been able to carry out the RT-PCR analysis shall undergo a mandatory containment period of at least three (03) days in one of the hotels dedicated to mandatory containment at his/her expense until the services of the Health Ministry perform the RT-PCR test required at the expense of the concerned person. If the test is negative, the passenger will continue to comply with the mandatory 14-day self-containment procedures in his/her place of residence or in the containment hotel. (View the list of accredited hotels)
This person has the possibility to request a COVID-19 (RT-PCR) test, at his/her own expense, after his/her seventh day. If the result of the test is confirmed negative, the person may leave the place of confinement.
At the airport of departure and at the time of check-in, passengers shall present the necessary documents justifying the confirmation of booking and hotel payment (Voucher). Passengers who do not have these documents will not be accepted for check-in on a flight to Tunisia.
- If the arrival of the passenger to Tunisia is for urgent and major family, professionnal or health reasons, and if he/her has not been able to carry out the RT-PCR test, special prior autorisation from the competent authorities shall be required, with the obligation to present all the justifications and the programme of the visit or the mission and to comply with the health measures required in the context of the prevention against COVID-19.
2. Short-stay measures (less than 05 days)
. For a return to Tunisia after a short stay abroad (less than 120 hours):
These passengers shall :
- Present either on departure or on arrival to/from Tunisia a negative RT-PCR test certificate, the result date of which does not exceed 72 hours at check-in.
- Submit to self-containment for 07 days from the date of arrival, at the place of residence or in an accredited hotel, at his/her expense.
- Present, at the airport of departure and at the time of check-in, the necessary documents justifying the presence of a place of residence in Tunisia or the confirmation of booking and hotel payment (Voucher).
. For a short stay in Tunisia from abroad (less than 120 hours):
These passengers shall present a negative COVID-19 (RT-PCR) with a result date not exceeding 72 hours at the time of flight check-in.
3. Measures applied for passengers arriving from the United Kingdom, South Africa, Australia and Denmark
Following the emergence of the new coronavirus Sars-Cov-2 variant in these countries, the conditions for the acceptance of passengers will exceptionally be limited for:
. Diplomats: which shall submit as evidence a verbale note from the embassy of the concerned country
. Special cases for family, occupational or health reasons: which shall submit as evidence a special authorization in advance from the competent authorities.
These passengers shall:
- Present a negative COVID-19 test certificate (RT-PCR) prior to departure of the flight, not exceeding 72 hours at the time of check-in.
- Present the commitment, the booking and payment confirmation of the hotel (Voucher) dedicated to containment for 14 days. View the list of accredited hotels.
Prior authorization from the Ministry of Health is mandatory for exceptional cases that will be self-contained instead of mandatory confinement.
- Submit the COVID-19 (TDR-Antigen) rapid test upon arrival in Tunisian territory:
If the test is positive: the passenger will be directed to one of the centers dedicated to the COVID-19 cases
If the test is negative: the passenger undertakes to spend the mandatory confinement for 14 days at his expense in a dedicated hotel, except for persons who have prior authorization from the Ministry of Health to undergo self-confinement.
If the passenger wishes not to complete the entire 14-day mandatory confinement period, the passenger shall spend at least 7 days and then complete a COVID-19 (RT-PCR) test, at the expense of the passenger on the end of the 7th day of mandatory confinement.
If the result of the test is negative, the passenger may leave the mandatory confinement by committing to the health measures required.