Founded under the name “Air Liberté Tunisie” in October 1989, NOUVELAIR is Tunisia’s leading private airline and a subsidiary of the French airline “Air Liberté”. Mainly a charter operator, NOUVELAIR specialises in carrying tourists to Tunisia.
The history of our airline is marked by success and achievements, thanks to the commitment of our staff and our relationship with partners we have carefully selected.
Because of our vocation and the scope of our operations, NOUVELAIR is constantly and regularly developing.
Throughout our 28 years’ experience, we have continually invested in the renewal and modernisation of our fleet and seen significant increases in the volume of traffic.
Additionally, in 2012 we initiated a new strategic approach with the launch of regular flights to France.
- The foundation of Air Liberté Tunisie (now called NOUVELAIR).
- First commercial flight. The airline begins operating with two McDonnell Douglas MD-83 aircraft.
- The TTS (Tunisian Travel Service) Group becomes the airline’s majority shareholder.
- Air Liberté Tunisie becomes Nouvelair Tunisie.
- The airline sees significant growth in its activity: NOUVELAIR now operates with 5 aircrafts.
- Following the purchase of a new A320, the number of passengers exceeded the million mark.
- With the addition of 2 Airbus A321s with 215 seats, our aircraft fleet is updated and now operates with an Airbus-family fleet.
- The airline obtains the ISO 9001 certificate Version 2000 for all services combined.
- Nouvelair obtains the international IOSA certification (IATA Operational Safety Audit) issued by IATA for operational safety.
- The airline obtains the “Horizons Assess AirTM” award issued by AFNOR [French Standards Association]. The certification recognises the quality of our airline in matters of security, transparency of information and service quality (on-board reception and inflight services).
- Responding to demand, the airline expands its operations with increased regular flights to France.
- Launch of Services + offering passengers an enhanced travel experience.
- In keeping with our growth strategy, we are introducing new regular flights to Scandinavia: Sweden, Norway and Denmark.
- Launching of the first Regular Flight on :
- - Nice: 1st April
- - Marseille: 13 June
- - Alger: 14 July
- - Toulouse: 3 November