France entry restrictions from 31/01/2021
(Updated on 31/01/2021 at 16:25 Tunisia time)
New travel conditions to and from France have been announced by the French Government. Starting from 31 January 2021, passengers will be required to justify their travel on compelling reason.
Such compelling reasons may be personal or family, emergency health or professional reasons which cannot be postponed.
Below is the indicative list defined by the French Government:
. Personal or family compelling reason:
- Death of a direct family member from a brother or sister / Visit to a person with a vital prognosis, for direct family members ;
Required documents: death certificate, medical certificate establishing the status of the person with a vital prognosis
- Custody of children by the parent with parental authority or whose right of custody is recognised by a court decision
Required documents: court decision and proof of place of residence
- Summons by a judicial or administrative authority
Required documents: summoned by the administrative or judicial authority
- Legal or economic impossibility of remaining in the territory in which the person is located / execution of a measure of removal from the territory
Required documents: Expiring residence permit, termination of employment, etc.
- Students at the beginning, resuming or terminating of their studies
Required documents : school certificate issued by the institution
. Health compelling reason:
- Life medical emergency (for the person and an accompanying person if his/her presence is essential)
Required documents : medical certificate, proof of planned hospitalization, etc.
. Professional compelling reasons:
- Missions essential for the continuation of an economic activity, requiring an on-site presence that cannot be postponed and whose postponement or cancellation would have clearly disproportionate or impossible consequences (including transport professionals);
Required documents: employer’s certificate, professional card of crews in international freight transport international passenger transport, international maritime transport
- Health professional involved in the fight against Covid 19 or participating in cooperation operations of major health interest;
Required documents : Business card
- Ad hoc missions related to the exercise of governmental prerogatives (including diplomatic missions) which cannot be deferred or postponed.
Required documents: Business card, mission order
- High-level professional athletes for participation in meetings validated by the Ministry of Sports
Required documents: professional card, certificate issued by the organizer in connection with the Ministry of Sports
To attest to one of the above compelling reasons, a certificate on the honor can be downloaded from the website of the Ministry of Interior:
It shall be submitted, upon check-in of the departure flight, and accompanied by appropriate supporting documentation.
Other measures implemented since 18 January 2021 continue to be applied:
1. PCR test and self-containment
All passengers, aged 11 and over, traveling in France shall :
- Present, during the check-in Tunisia, a negative test certificate of COVID-19 (RT-PCR) not exceeding 72 hours.
- Apply self-containment for 07 days upon arrival in French.
A statement on the 07 day prophylactic isolation to fill. See declaration
- Submit to a second PCR test at the end of this seven-day period.
2. Travel Certificate to France & Statement on the honor of No-Symptoms Covid-19.
All passengers are required to complete and carry on themselves :
- the certificate of travel to France. Similarly, a statement on honor shall be completed and made on his or her own that he or she does not have symptoms of a COVID-19 infection.
This Certificate and Statement can be downloaded from the following link: https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/Actualites/L-actu-du-Ministere/Attestation-de-deplacement-et-de-voyage
- the localization form
Certificates , the Statement on the honor and the localization form shall be submitted to the carrier before bording and during the arrival checks.